Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What I like to Call: Pattern-Blocking ....

Happy hump day!  Friday is almost here and I can't wait.  My hubby has date night plans he says for Saturday evening for my birthday (which was last month lol), and I am excited and planning what to wear already.

One trend I am starting to see besides color-blocking is what I like to call "pattern-blocking."  I am not 100% sure if this is the term the expert fashionistas use, but I think you all get the point! ...




Cardigan:  LOFT
Shoes:  Marc Fisher by Macy's

At first, I tried on a brown, metallic belt, but then saw this belt on a mannequin on the way to the fitting room.  I don't know why I like to steal off the showcase mannequin, but I seem to find the best items there!  One time the mannequin's arms fell off :-/ ... and hubby just shook his head (oops lol!).  Are some of you like me or am I just odd?  My theory is the best items are on display on a mannequin for a reason so I must also check it out =) ...

Anyway, this is how I "pattern-block."  Mixing the belt's pattern with a totally different pattern (the dress in this case), but all within the same color family.  I feel like I should be on a beautiful yacht when I wear this dress lol!  Hmmm, maybe that's where hubby is taking me this Saturday evening? ;) ...

Have a great rest of the week,
Mrs. Chilly

No comments: