Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Misery Loves Company

I have had a very interesting and more-than-usual chaotic week this week.  My son was stung by a bee at his pre-school playground Monday late afternoon for which we took him to the doctor on Tuesday after I received a call in the middle of a client meeting.  The past two days has been a mix of team umizoomi, working from home, sleeping for a total of 3-4 hours a night, playing sandbox, reading several board books, making soup and grilled cheese sandwiches (with Mommy adding in brocolli in the mix) and of course, the never-ending trials of potty training.  Hubby and I had initially decided for Alexander to go "cold turkey" this weekend since it is a 4-day weekend for the 3 of us.  I had planned to already be a "mommy-zombie" with the upcoming lack of sleep, but looks like that is me now and it's not even Friday yet.  Needless to say, I am looking forward to the 4-day weekend and I hope to get at least 6 hours of sleep even for just one night! =) .... (pic is Alexander and I at the doctor to get his "boo-boo" checked)

Today was quite an interesting day because I encountered two so-called friends who just seem to live in negative energy ughhh.  I try not to analyze it why one is so negative, but I find myself still trying to find a reason why.  This one "friend" basically said that my fitness blog is bogus/ridiculous and that the world does not revolve around my new clothes, new shoes, how much weightloss I've accomplished or what I had for lunch.  Quite hypocritical as this came from a "friend" who owns a $500 blender, a $3,000 camera, a brand-new 5 bedroom house, the Orbitz stroller (you Moms know that this is one of the most expensive strollers known to "momkind"), boutique clothes for her toddler and buys everything organic at Whole Foods.

My fashion includes items not only from Loft (sale racks included), but includes, Target, Old Navy, Macy's, local consignment stores in my area, even garage sales.  I have no problem saying that I shop at Walmart but also shop for bulk items at Costco.  I go for deals and rarely have to pay full-price.  Nevertheless, this "friend" has no idea of the family and friends whom I have helped live a "cleaner" lifestyle by choosing clean foods over junk; or friends I have supported and coached in his/her own fitness journey.  This person has also never been FAT.  I guess I find it hypocritical that she accused me of "blogging" my clothing etc when she herself has items that many people would love to be able to afford.  I live in a modest 3 bedroom house that needs remodeling and repairs; thank goodness my own husband is a handyman and we are able to do it ourselves. 

Anyway, the main point of this is this person never truly was a "friend."  I work full-time and balance my home with my demanding and often high-stressed career.  Fitness and fashion are my hobbies and I am thankful to be able to balance all that I have chosen to include on my plate.  What's wrong with having a hobby?  One thing I learned through my fitness journey is that when you are healthy physically (i.e. you eat clean for 80% of the time and exercise regularly), then your mind is also healthy.  I remember clearly how I was when I weighed 210 and 170lbs back in the day.  I was irritable, tired, stressed and quick to judge others before evaluating what I am about to say or do without thinking of the consequences.  I do not miss those days and I definitely refuse to go backwards in life.  I learned my lesson there.

After my fitness journey to get to my goal weight, I am doing my best to do everything I choose to do in life in a positive manner.  I look at the glass half full.  I don't freak out about the little things like I use to (ie. being late, instead just thankful I arrived safely; dinner not turning out as good as I wanted, but instead being thankful we have food on the table; not finishing a tax return b/c my child got sick (like this week), but thankful my son has me to take care of him and understand the world will not end b/c the client did not get his/her tax return, etc.).  Don't sweat the small stuff!!!!! ....

To all of my readers, fans, family and friends, thank you for all the continued support.  I love hearing your stories, receiving your texts and emails.  And for those of you who still choose to live in "negative energy," THIS BLOG IS NOT FOR YOU.  I think we all have encountered people in our lives who love to put us down b/c they are unhappy with their own current lifestyle.  Don't become a part of that and remember that "misery loves company."



Have a safe memorial day weekend! ...

Cheers,
Mrs. Chilly

P.S. - my blog will be going under construction soon.  Stay tuned for a "My Fitness Journey" makeover =) ....

5 comments:

For His Glory said...

Very well said! Personally i am so glad to have met you!! Your blog and post on Facebook have truly been an inspiration! I love your positive outlook and am choosing to surround myself with more people like YOU! Sometimes people are only in our life for a season and then it is time for them to move on! I love forward to soaking up all the advice you can give me after I have this baby in Sept!! Thanks for allowing those of us who need the inspiration into your life! Love my Mrs Chilly!! :-)

cherryskies227 said...

Well when you value your life, choose to inspire others, and are headed to better things, you'll find out who your true friends are. I just started subscribing, but I love your positivity and you are definitely an inspiration to my fitness journey. Thank you!

Nikita said...

Well she is silly and definitely not a friend.. I am glad I found your blog. You inspire me every time I see a blog post especially when you talk about your son and how he enjoys eating clean foods.

Mrs. Chilly said...

Hi "for his glory" (loved that btw), thanks for the feedback and support as always. And yes, I will definitely be here post-baby =) ... Keep up that positive energy and keep smiling that beautiful smile of yours! I'm here for ya ...

@ cherryskies227 (I love that too!), welcome GF! I am going to check out your stuff here in a few. But you are soooo right. Have you heard of that saying, "If you are hated, you must be doing something right?" I've always felt this person buys all that she buys to compete when she is really only competing w/ herself. It's quite disappointing that she has to belittle this blog simply b/c she is unhappy with her own life. Thanks for stopping by and I will check out your stuff too!

@ Nikita - you have been following me for quite awhile now! Thank you! I will just have to post more of my son then =) - keep up the good work and your profile pic is just beautiful =) ...

Emily Moreno said...

There will ALWAYS be haters in this world! Keep on with your beautiful self! b/c you are FABULOUS on the inside and out! And it takes WORK to be that way! We have to train ourselves mentally, physically and emotionally to be the best we can be, and I think your positive energy is exactly what you need to succeed as well as what others need as positive influence! I'm thankful you are willing to share above and beyond what you DON'T have to share!!! It's very helpful and inspriring to many... especially me!