Monday, April 23, 2012

These are a Few of my Favorite Things ....

Song ring a bell??? ... yep, the Sounds of Music!  I can't wait until Alexander is old enough to watch it with us and appreciate the classic movie.  Okay, my topic is a few of my fave things for this blog.  First up is this dress I found on sale at Macy's for 70% off retail .....

This past weekend, we celebrated my son's 3rd birthday party.  Thank you to all my family and friends who came and shared this special day with our baby boy.  It was a gorgeous day about mid 70s so I decided to wear a dress, comfortable pumps and ditched the cardigan.  With entertaining guests, chasing my little boy and making sure the food is warm and replenished, I knew I couldn't wear more than 3 inches or too many layers!  So here is a pic of my simple, yet colorful dress.  I loved the way it gathered at the waist which helped accentuate the figure in my opinion:


Dress: Calvin Klein
Shoes: Marc Fisher by Macy's (same style and brand as my black ones for the office)
Necklace: Charming Charlie
Earrings: New York & Co.


Next up is one of my favorite finds!  I saw these similar pair of wedge shoes on the editor of Parents' Magazine and it only took me ohhh 2 years to find. Wedges are totally in and I see them everywhere with the ladies. These shoes are so comfortable and I am wishing I purchased the black ones too.  Wore them to the Mavs game this last Friday evening and it didn't hurt a bit:

Shoes: Baker's
Style: Savvy
Color: Ice


And last, after a wonderful weekend, it's time to go back to work this Monday.  I wore this coral and tan striped sweater last with my Loft green skirt.  Today I decided to pair it with simple petite dress pants.  It was a bit chilly this morning so I felt like a warm, but not heavy sweater:

Sweater: Loft
Pants: Loft
Shoes: Marc Fisher by Macy's

Hope you all had a good Monday!  Busy season is officially over, however, I have another deadline this Monday, 4/30 so will try to fit in a blog here and there.

Stay tuned for my upcoming special "outfit" for the Loft mommy guestblog in a few weeks!!  Still working on the "outfit." =) ....
Cheers!
Mrs. Chilly

No comments: