Sunday, April 1, 2012

My Weekend Finds

How was your weekend?  Except for my allergies and the fact that my contact lens can't seem to stop fidgeting, my weekend was wonderful.  All I really need are my hubby and my amazing son, Alexander and my life is blessed and complete =) ...  I still had to work some hours b/c it is still tax season, but overall, I was able to achieve a good balance and fit in all I wanted to get accomplished for the weekend.

On Sunday afternoons I normally find an hour or so to "sneak" away as Mom and shop (at Firewheel of course b/c it is the closest!).  I did not plan to shop this weekend (it always starts off that way right?) and only found myself at the mall b/c I had to exchange a pair of capris and cardigan I wasn't too fond of.  What do you know, Loft had another 30% off entire purchase.  I did manage to walk away without too much damage, thanks to the sale.  I mainly grabbed some basic essentials for spring (and summer):  3 pairs of shorts, a button down summer top and a couple of classy office blouses =) ... that Loft store knows me now hahaha!  At least I know I have a sales associate willing to help me everytime I come in (which nowadays it's so rare to find anyone willing to help you).

After Loft, I realized I still have a half hour left before the stores close.  (**Tip: if you don't want to spend too much, shop on Sundays and start at 5pm!!  Then you only have an hour to shop =) lol!) ... So ...that last 30 minutes was spent at Charming Charlie.  My girlfriend Rebecca swung by my house the other day and showed me her new, white purse from this store.  I must say it was fabulous! ...  And I've heard about this store awhile back from other girlfriends, but for a busy Mom and professional like me, I have to be selective which stores I go to b/c like I said, I normally just have at most an hour to shop.  And Charming Charlie isn't ever on the list.  Well, after today, it will be!  Or at least will try.  My first shopping experience there I purchased 3 scarves that can be worn for all seasons (stay tuned for upcoming blogs to see them), "curtain-call" jewelry (meaning 50% off sale), a very cute pink picture frame for my office to house the picture of my two princes, a jewelry set (earrings and necklace) and my most favorite find of all ........ drumroll please (hahaha I know a bit exaggerated but I'm excited!) ...

A jewelry organizer! .... This spring for me is becoming to have a theme:  ORGANIZATION ...  Last week, I organized my wardrobes (gave away clothing, donated a few more bags), color-coordinated my clothes and shoes and now organized my jewelry and accessories.  Feels good to be organized especially during busy tax season =) .... hmmm, what should I organize next?!?  My hubby told me today that maybe I'd be better at accessorizing if I can actually "find" my accessories and him not find an earring in his shoe :-/ ...  I will tell you that I used to put my jewelry in a small, Forever 21 bag and sometimes gets frustrated in the mornings b/c they all get tangled together that I gave up and just left for work without earrings.  Not anymore.  I definitely recommend this for all women and is one of my "weekend finds" today =) ....





The bottom pouches are slightly larger than the top so it can fit items such as necklaces, bracelets and these hair flower pins I purchased in Hawaii last year that I have been looking for for months now. I thought I had lost them, but luckily found again.

I even have a pouch for safety pins b/c these things are a pain in the butt to find and if I'm not careful, ends up in my Dyson :-/ .... I don't know any other way to organize my accessories so this is definitely a good start.

Maybe I will soon learn how to accessorize =) ....

My other "weekend find" is this lip balm from Evolution of Smooth - EOS - that is 95% organic and 100% natural.  This flavor is sweet mint and I promise you the smell is delightful!   And I found this at my local Walmart for $2.69.  I still use my carmex which I can't live without, but this may now be my #1 favorite beauty product.  Try it and I promise you will love it =) - p.s. it's also gluten free! ....



Hope your weekend was fabulous!!  Have a great week and Easter ahead.  And if you would like to share any "finds," please definitely let me know! ...

XO,
Mrs. Chilly

No comments: