Thursday, March 29, 2012

How I Wear: The Basic Navy Blue Cardigan

So my first fashion blog mentioned that accountants are typically boring and wear black, gray, white and navy blue (repeat the following week).  Well, I guess you could say I too can also be boring because in this picture, I am wearing gray slacks and a navy blue cardigan; colors that fit the description of a boring accountant.  In the past, I would normally just leave the house without accessorizing (not sure if this is even a word); heck, I am still working on accessories.  I truly think that accessorizing is an art that some can naturally master and which I hope I can master someday as well.  This morning however, I decided to pair my "boring" navy, blue cardigan with a springy and colorful scarf (which I now see all the time in our office and couldn't resist joining in on the new trend).  The spring scarves I see at stores everywhere are light weight and soft; perfect for spring.  It can get a bit chilly in my office so having the scarf helps.  I also paired the outfit with fuschia pumps which were a steal from Amazon ($18/pair)! ....

Pants:  Express
Cardigan:  Loft
Cami:  Loft
Scarf:  Target
Pumps: Amazon

I did 40 minutes of elliptical this morning and felt great afterwards!  Glad to know I still fit in my size 4 gray slacks.  It also helps that I try to eat clean during busy season where there are yummy free dinners offered in the office daily.  I am not hardcore strict, but I typically try to save my one to two cheat meals on the weekends when I go out with hubby and/or son.  Here is a pic of my dinner tonight:  tilapia, 4 oz. sweet potato and sauteed garlic spinach:


How my pants fit is normally how I could tell if I was "falling off the wagon" with my fitness goals.  Today was another hectic day and had to skip my shoulder workout, but will fit it in tomorrow on my lunchbreak.  Where there's a will, there's a way!  I hope you all are closing in on your own fitness goals as the first quarter of 2012 is almost over.  Stay tuned as I will be posting new recipes for ground bison, scallops and shrimp (all lean proteins) and of course, more fashion =) ...

Cheers,
Mrs. Chilly

No comments: