Sunday, January 15, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year all!  I hope everyone had a nice relaxing break.  The dreaded New Year's Resolutions is upon us once again; lose weight, find a meaningful career, spend more time with family, less stress, etc. .... whatever you want to accomplish this year, it has to start with you.  There is no rule that resolutions has to be "dreaded."  It is only dreaded because you already know that you will fail.  I am thankful that my 2011 resolutions came to fruition because I decided to finally change and realize that being overweight, grumpy, depressed and energy-less was not the way I wanted to live.  Change doesn't happen unless you decide to change.  This will be the first year for me where weightloss is not #1 on my resolutions list.  Among a few that I have jotted down:  1.)  less stress  2.)  more sleep  3.)  work/life balance  4.)  fitness for two (hoping to have another lil chilly baby this year ;) ....

The last quarter of my 2011 was an amazing time ... I competed in my first fitness competition just 14 months after losing 52lbs; post competition I achieved a healthy and maintanable body and weight; this blog came to life!; received wonderful news from family and friends of their own weightloss success; was offered a rewarding job position in my career and along the journey met new friends and co-workers.  Fitness is still on top of my list, however, with my full-time job, mommy and wifey duties, it's all about staying positive and keeping a fair balance.  There are of course the good and bad days and on bad days especially, I like to take a deep breath and count my blessings and consider what I have vs what I don't have.  I express thanks, play with my strengths, find meaning in my work and look on the bright side.  Negative energy is such a waste of my time.  Instead I focus on what I do love and realize that when I do something I enjoy, I naturally drift into a satisfying sense of flow.   I think you get the point.  2012 is get sh** done (right Laura Lam Ortiz? ;) ....

Most of you know that I am a full-time tax accountant.  With January also comes the start of tax busy season where I put in 55-65 hours a week of work along with my neverending duties at home.  If you have been following my fitness blog, you know that hubby and I have purchased a home elliptical back in November, which we have loved since day one!  Instant cardio anytime of the day!  As you see with my check-ins, I get up at 6am and do 40-45 minutes of cardio and lift during my lunchbreak at my office gym.  My motto:  "Where there's a will, there's a way!" ....

I have been a tax accountant ever since I graduated college back in 2004.  Every busy season, we get spoiled with delicious buffets of food (one of the perks with working for a reputable accounting firm) ... however, every year, I find myself gaining 5-10lbs from it ....  well, 2011 was my first year to NOT gain and for 2012, I definitely have more awareness of my choices.  I still plan to pack my meals ... and my hubby is a big help when it comes to our Sunday cooking sessions.  He steams our sweet potatoes and brocolli while I boil brown rice and grill chicken breasts.  Come April 15th, I want to find myself in the same place where I started 8 weeks ago (or maybe even better!).  No excuses! ...

So with the work hours that is demanded of me ... I will most likely blog again in April and will be temporarily signing off.  I am envisioning the next blog to be how I survived tax season!  Lol! ...  For now, continue your goals and don't hesitate to email/text/fb me for your questions :)) (it may take a few days, but you know I'll get back to you ;) ... 

I have friends who are competing this 1st quarter of the year (Tracy Payne and Kristin Crabb!) and I am so excited for the both of them!  This will be Kristin's first bikini competition and Tracy's 3rd figure competition.  Best of luck to these beautiful ladies! ...

I will be following you all when I have the time to sneak away for a few minutes from my work.  Fitness is still very much alive in me and can't wait to compete again.  My goal for my next show is to compete in figure.  Which brings me to another question I've been receiving lately is when I plan to compete again.  To add from what I said above, hubby and I are discussing adding to the chilly clan, therefore from advice from my doctor, I have been maintaining free of any supplements and continuing clean eating with vitamins.  The plan is to start up competing again after I dedicate some time to motherhood and my career (becoming an Enrolled Agent by February 2012).  Being mommy to Alexander is priceless and I want to dedicate more time to him as he grows.  I do love seeing him eat his steamed brocolli, sweet potatoes and zuchinni!  I feel good knowing he has absorbed mommy's way of eating.

Have a great 1st quarter of 2012!!  Best of luck to everyone's New Year's Resolutions!  You can do it; believe.

Cheers,
Mrs. Chilly

P.S. - Go MAVS! :)) ...


No comments: