Monday, December 12, 2011

Home Elliptical


Most of you know I went back to the office full-time, working from home here and there if necessary.  One of the questions I received was how in the heck will you fit your workouts in?  Well, hubby and I have been in the market for a quality home elliptical machine and we finally decided to make this a part of the Chilly household!  So here it is:

the Norditrack A.C.T. Elliptical from Sears ...

I used the elliptical for the very first time this morning and I swear I was sweating bullets by the 5-8 minute mark.  After 30 minutes, I was sweating as much as I sweat doing the stepmill at the gym.  What's more awesome is I had a ton of energy at work today to make my Monday a productive one.  I tell you, it is SOO much easier to just "bed roll," hop into my shorts and sportsbra, hair pulled back/carmex and workout!  After that intense 30 minute session, I take a quick shower and get ready for work in half an hour (all before my Alexander wakes up too!).  Of course, I am starving by then so I happily scarf down my 5 eggwhites and oatmeal like a champion lol.

Hubby used it too today after work and had the same great experience.  Of course this will not take place of our weight training sessions.  I have access to our office gym and at lunch, I still lift a certain muscle group.  What is convenient though is my cardio is said and done early that morning so I can just focus on lifting during my lunchbreak.  We still go to our local gym as a family on Saturday mornings and I work out w/ hubby (our weekly gym date).

Would I recommend one?  Most definitely.  It is an investment, however, the benefits of good health will last you a lifetime.

Any questions, just let me know :)) ...

Happy training,
Mrs. Chilly   

No comments: