Sunday, November 27, 2011

The next 4 weeks! Do it with me :)) ...

I had the most amazing Thanksgiving dinner today at my GF Rebecca's house.  I learned (and appreciated) that it took 2 days to prepare this made-from-scratch home cooked meal.  I am so thankful for a joyous and relaxing Thanksgiving holiday, but I don't know about you, but I'm so done with eating!  Lol!  I ate clean all day to prepare for the awesome dinner and I have been "checking-in" to the gym everday this week except Thursday.  Do I feel guilty??  No, not at all, because I know what I have to do to get back on track.  I am not a person to say that yes, I indulged ... to hell with it now and I will just continue down that path.  NOPE.  I see everyday as a chance to start fresh and honestly, I believe everyday should be "thanksgiving day."  I am so thankful to have a family to spend this holiday with, let alone friends who invite me to their homes to share their Thanksgiving festivities with me.  I had my fair share of turkey, stuffing, gravy, sweet potatoes and oh Lord, pecan pie!  I savored every bite too :)) ... thank you.  But ... I also kicked myself in the ass at the gym with hardcore cardio, plyo circuit and strength training. 

Now, for motivation, I pulled out this picture of me day after competition to get me back on track now that Thanksgiving is over.  Yes, we still have Christmas coming up, but I've set a goal to look a little leaner when December 25th rolls around.  I have the knowledge and tools already, I just need to make it happen.  You can't make change happen unless change takes place! ...

In this picture, I'm wearing size 2 jeans and right now, these jeans are a bit snug lol.  Goal the next 4 weeks is for it to fit comfortably again.  I think I can make it happen in 2 :)) ... Let's do it!

Hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving holiday with family and friends.  Don't feel guilty, instead start fresh tomorrow (or Monday) and do it w/ me! :)) ...

Cheers,
Mrs. Chilly

P.S. - don't weigh yourself after eating a cheat meal!  I had 3 girls tell me this!  Why in the hell would you do that?!  You know it's going to be up.  I've never heard of anyone losing after a Thanksgiving meal!  LoL!  I haven't weighed myself in weeks, but instead gauge on how my clothes fit and how I perform in my workouts.  And if you must weigh yourself, do it after a week's worth of clean eating and quality workouts and not after Grandma's stuffing, rolls and pecan pie!! ....   

No comments: