Monday, October 17, 2011

hmmm pasta!!! ....

It was one of those days where I wanted pasta!  You probably ask, "umm, is that on your diet?"  Well, it can be!  Just depends how you cook it and what you use.  I normally eat brown rice for my meal 3 during the week and decided to change it up today.  I looked in my pantry and found me a box of whole wheat pasta.  Then moved over to the fridge and looked for a lean protein that can go with it.  One of my favorite Italian dishes is the shrimp scampi.  So today, I decided to somewhat copy and make my very own! ....


April's "shrimp scampi:"

5 oz thawed shrimp (peeled and de-veined) - I like to take off the tail very carefully so I do not waste the shrimp
whole wheat pasta (cooked according to instructions - I make a bit more and tupperware)
1/4 sliced orange and red bell pepper
1/4 sliced red onion
1 tsp minced garlic
fresh squeezed lemon juice
dash of garlic salt and black pepper
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 green onion, chopped

Boil pasta.  Cook shrimp (doesn't take long so watch you do not overcook) and drain excess water.  Add-in 1 tbsp olive oil, garlic, onions and peppers.  Add-in lemon juice and all seasonings.  Immediately add shrimp w/ fixings to hot pasta.  I measured about 3oz of pasta on my plate.  I added 1 more tbsp of olive oil in pasta.  Mix.  Add-in chopped green onions.

Voila!  My pasta fix was delicious with no unhealthy fatty sauces.  Let me know what you think! ...

Cheers,
Mrs. Chilly

No comments: