Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Meal 3 - Shrimp!


Boy oh boy, was I hungry after my cardio and chest/back workout today.  I was also craving a lean protein that isn't chicken or fish.  So happy I had a bag of thawed shrimp in the refrigerator.  Shrimp is a good source of lean protein and a nice change from your chicken breast:


1/2 cup brown rice
6 oz shrimp (thawed and sauteed in 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil,  1 tsp minced garlic and fresh squeezed lemon juice, then drained)
1 cup steamed brocolli with just a little bit of craisins on top (6 to be exact :) ...
dash of sea salt and black pepper
3 grape tomatoes, halved

My brown rice and brocolli are already cooked and tupperwared so I save on time during my work week. I steam brocolli and sweet potatoes every Sunday along with boiling my brown rice.  Hubby peels our sweet potatoes so it's a team effort :)) ...

Going to chow now, enjoy :)) ...

-Mrs. Chilly

No comments: