Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tuna Melts


Here is a meal I cook for the family and kids I have made this for seem to love it:
Set oven to low broil.
Makes 4 slices. For 8 slices, double ingredients.
2 cans of chunk white albacore tuna, drained
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 medium carrot, chopped
3-4 green onions, chopped
3 tbsp light mayonnaise
sharp cheddar cheese, low-fat
4 slices of wheat bread, toasted
For my serving: chop veggies and mix with tuna (after draining), put 1 teaspoon of light mayo and mix thoroughly. Take two slices of toasted wheat bread and scoop tuna mixture on slices. Layer with one thin slice of low-fat sharp cheddar cheese.
After my serving, I add about 2 tablespoon of light mayo and mix thoroughly. This is for my husband's serving ... I put a little more light mayo in his. Top with two thin slices of sharp cheddar cheese.
Put tuna melts on cookie sheet or baking pan and put in oven under low broil for about 4-5 minutes. Just monitor until cheese melts. Take out and sprinkle a dash of Tony's seasoning. Enjoy :)) ...
I make mac and cheese for Jason and Alexander every other week w/ this meal and serve with 1% lowfat milk. I don't eat the mac and cheese when training for competition, but will eat a small portion once in awhile.

No comments: