Monday, August 1, 2011

My Poor Husband :) ....

So my hubby took this last Friday off from work ... and this circulated around his office via email:
Employees now taking Fridays off to avoid donuts
In an unprecedented move, Jason Chilcoat decided to stay home Friday because of the temptation presented by the box of donuts supplied every Friday morning by his manager, David R. Chilcoat, who is usually found at his desk with no less than 5 tupperware containers of food said, "You know, my wife has me on this diet and if she found out I had 1, sometimes 2, donuts on Fridays it could be the straw that breaks the camel's back." Those 5 containers spread around Chilcoat's working environment consist of healthier foods like sweet potatoes, broccoli, and a grilled chicken sandwich the size of his head. Those meals usually start around 10:30 AM and a donut at 9:00 AM could throw his blood sugar levels out of control for the entire day. We'll continue monitoring this breaking development to see if the Friday donut boycott picks up more support.
Thought I'd share because it cracked me up! - yes, I pack his meals in various tupperwares for every 3 hours, but DO put little treats in his lunchbox thank you so he is not deprived. So it's not as strict now! As for the grilled chicken sandwich, the bread is rather large b/c I buy it at the bakery so it's one of those special baked multigrain bread that is larger than your typical Mrs. Baird's and his chicken I marinate w/ sea salt and paprika every Sunday evening for him to grill on Monday evening - it's called LOVE! (Steve) :) lol - this made my day ...
Cheers,
April

2 comments:

Erica said...

That email is hilarious!!

Mrs. Chilly said...

Thanks Erica! I thought so too :)) ...