Sunday, August 21, 2011

Clean Eating Starts Now ....

What a proud Mama I am. Throughout my dieting/training for my first fitness competition, Alexander has decided to try what his Mama had been eating for the last 10 weeks. Sunday, he lunched on baked tilapia, steamed brocolli and a sweet potato! This boy also loves baked chicken.

Even though I didn't place or get a trophy, I still feel a winner ... a winner in the sense that my son has absorbed clean eating at the early age of 2 and Mommy hardly struggles in getting him to eat clean foods. Monkey see, monkey do, right? ...

I am fortunate and blessed to be a WAHM (work-at-home-mom) that I am able to cook him a hearty breakfast that consists of 1 scrambled egg w/ 1% milk, homemade oatmeal w/ cinnamon and fresh fruits. I make his scrambled egg every other day and the days he does not have an egg, he has a small bowl of cheerios w/ sliced mangoes and greek yogurt.

Clean eating is all about balance, moderation and not depriving yourself of the healthy foods (dairy, whole grains and fruits). I always say that our plates should be colorful. At our house, I strive for my boys to eat as clean as possible and we cheat 1 to 2 meals on the weekends. A balance of lean proteins, complex carbs and healthy fats is maintenable, sustainable and realistic for my family of 3.

I LOVE being a Mommy ... so rewarding. Alexander's healthy journey starts now! ...

Cheers,

Mama Chilly

2 comments:

Tee -Natural Fit Chick said...

Hey Mrs Chilly
I absolutely love this post because I can relate. My daughter is the same way. She loves eating healthy foods. When people see how she eats, they trip out. She loves seafood, broccoli, asparagus, tomatoes. Just those foods alone people are amazed. To me its normal. It is so great to have our kids eating healthy early in the game. Obesity is getting crazy.

You little guy is adddoooorable!

Mrs. Chilly said...

Hi there!! Thank you for taking time to read my blog and most especially commenting. Congratulations on teaching/guiding your daughter to start clean eating at an early age! Has she tried homecooked oatmeal yet? Right now, that is my son's favorite breakfast item along with his scrambled egg. Keep up the great work :)) ...