Thursday, May 19, 2011

Oatmeal (re-post)

I've received a few emails asking how to make your oatmeal "fluffy." Basically, here are the steps I take to make my morning oats:
1.) Scoop 1/2 cup oatmeal into saucepan. 2.) Pour 1 cup of cold water in saucepan (has to be cold). 3.) Turn stove to high and wait to boil.
4.) Sprinkle cinnamon while boiling and mix with spoon.
5.) Turn off stove after mixing cinnamon and cover with lid for 3 minutes. 6.) Pour cooked oatmeal in bowl and put agave nectar (1-2 tbsp) and 1 tbsp ground flaxseed. 7.) Add sliced fruit of your choice (I prefer berries: black, rasp and straw :) ....
8.) Stir and enjoy!
This is one of Alexander's favorite breakfast meal. He calls it "meeno." Almost every morning, I hear him say, "Mama, I want mee-no!" :D ...
Let me know if you have questions!
-April

No comments: