Thursday, May 19, 2011

Chicken, it's what's for Dinner :) ...

Chicken Fajita Dinner (for hubby 5/19/11):
2 6oz chicken breasts sliced longways (julienne cut - pardon, I do not know my cooking jargon well enough) 1 green bell pepper sliced
1/4 yellow onion sliced
extra virgin olive oil
La Banderita low carb whole wheat corn tortilla
low-fat shredded cheese (optional)
1 tbsp light sour cream (optional)
Put 1-2 tbsp of olive oil in pan. Sautee chicken breasts with vegetables. Season as you please (I use minced garlic, lemon pepper, dash of sea salt and dash of red pepper flakes).
Wet tortilla lightly with water and microwave for 30 seconds. Put above in tortilla and sprinkle cheese and sour cream (optional).
Love this clean recipe as it is quick and easy to make and hubby loves. My dinner is the chicken asparagus as my diet at the moment is a bit strict. I baked a 6oz chicken breast, seasoned lightly with sea salt, lemon pepper and trail dust steak seasoning. Chicken breast and asparagus brushed lightly with extra virgin olive oil and fresh lemon juice. It was actually very good! :D - thank goodness I have another meal coming up at 10:15pm (Meal 6)! Lol!
-April

No comments: