Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thoughts for Thursday - No Gym For Me!

Today I listened to my body ... must rest, must rest. Last night, I was barely able to move and get into bed without hubby helping me. I had done turbokick at LA Fitness along with 45 minutes of leg training. Right after, headed on home to work, work and work (have you done your taxes lately?). It hit me that evening right around 10:30pm when I can barely keep my eyes open. As much as I wanted to go to Bodyworks and Step class the next morning (because I crave the endorphins!), I just knew I had to step back and say no. So I took a day off (not from everything I wished, but from the gym itself). I still couldn't help but text my friend Ariel to see "how class went." I missed my friends, not necessarily the gym nor the pain! ...
I guess what I have been reading in Oxygen and elsewhere is how important it is to listen to our bodies. We often get accustomed to routine that we stop listening and keep going. How selfish I was to my body from past weeks which I am sure I could have also taken a day of rest. My day today was a mix of both work and personal time off to recharge. It was a much needed break from the daily week grind of my gym routine. I still kept my routine of "clean eating" to yes give my body a rest, but to also provide it with a healthy mix of lean proteins, complex carbs and healthy fats. Needless to say I feel great and ready to workout tomorrow! What a start to my weekend :) ....
Have you listened to your body lately? ....
Happy Friday,
April

No comments: